Learn how to cook Zucchini Nachos – a healthy, vegan and vegetarian twist on a Tex-Mex favorite recipe so you can enjoy nachos more often 🙂 Subscribe for NEW Videos and Recipes at YouTube.com/ILoveFlavor
ZUCCHINI NACHOS RECIPE
A Healthy Vegan Recipe by Jenny Kelley
1. Slice zucchini into very thin slices using a knife or fancy veggie slicer (a.k.a. mandolin). Pat the slices dry to remove excess moisture with a paper towel. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray, place slices in one layer on the baking sheet, spray again with non-stick cooking spray, and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
2. Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes turning once halfway through. Bake until lightly toasted and crispy, but you may have to remove the thin slices first. The cook time depends on how thin your slices are and your oven.
3. In a skillet or sauce pan add oil, turn heat to Medium Low Heat, add onion, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add black beans, jalapeno slices, chili powder, hot sauce, and sauté on Medium Low Heat for 5 minutes.
4. Place and layer zucchini “chips”, bean mixture, and “cheese” onto a microwavable plate. Microwave for 30-45 seconds or until cheese has just melted. Top with your favorite toppings, like diced tomato.
5. Serve and enjoy immediately as finger food or with a fork!
2 large Zucchini, organic
Non-stick cooking spray, organic coconut oil
Black pepper, organic
1 tablespoon Texan Pecan Ranch Pecan Oil
1/4 yellow onion, organic and diced
1 can black beans, organic and low/no sodium – drained
handful (to taste) of pickled jalapeño slices
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons Hot Pepper Line Products Garlicky Greengo Hot Sauce
1/4 cup Cheddar style cheese, almond based, dairy free and vegan
Toppings – 1/4 cup diced tomato, organic
chefs knife or mandolin
skillet or sauce pan
This video was not sponsored by the listed brands. They just happen to have amazing and delicious products that I love 😉
Check out what happened behind the scenes while filming the Zucchini Nachos video!
Have a flavorful day!