Hi you guys! Jenny here – well today I’m Princess Leia. If you didn’t know I am a BIG Star Wars fan. In past videos, you may have noticed that I have Star Wars paraphernalia throughout my home and even my little dog Sabrina looks like a cute little Ewok from the popular series. At least I think she looks like an Ewok. How lucky am I?!
Today I am going to share one of my all-time favorite and until now oober secret guacamole recipes that is in the shape of Yoda! It is incredible, flavorful and has a bit of a kick since I love to mix in jalapeños. For this special occasion, I’m even bringing a special character from the Dark Side – Eeeeek! – to help me show you step-by-step how to make my newest I Love Flavor recipe. Ok I’m starving as I type just thinking about this recipe, so what are we waiting for? Click play to watch my Yoda-Shaped Guacamole Video so we can whip ourselves up some delicious guacamole!
Yoda-Shaped Guacamole Recipe
3 ripe avocados
1/2 onion (sweet)
2 tomatoes (roma)
4 garlic cloves
Salt (Sea Salt)
Bell Peppers, Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, Pita Chips, or your favorite chips
1. To scoop out the delicious GUTS of the avocado: Slice avocados in half around the pit, twist and pull each half apart. Carefully insert a sharp knife into the pit, twist down, and gently remove the pit from the core of the avocado. You can throw away the pits EXCEPT for one for Yoda’s nose. Scoop avocados with a spoon into a large bowl.
2. Cut stem off jalapeños, slice in half, and remove seeds with a spoon. Save 2 halves for Yoda’s ears.
3. Finely dice (or mince) 1/2 onion, 2 tomatoes, only 1 jalapeño, and only 3 garlic cloves. Add into large bowl with avocado.
4. Slice lime in half and squeeze juice into large bowl of ingredients.
5. Sprinkle or grate black pepper and salt to taste.
6. Mash with fork until almost smooth but still slightly chunky.
7. Yoda’s Head: Scoop guacamole onto a serving dish. Form into a circular shape for the’s head.
8. Yoda’s Nose: Push 1 avocado pit into the center of the guacamole and barely cover to form the nose.
9. Yoda’s Eyes (Whites): Slice garlic clove in half and place above the “nose”.
10. Yoda’s Eyes (Pupils): Slice olive into thin slices. Place 2 slices on top of garlic cloves to complete the “eyes”.
11. Yoda’s Ears: See step 2. Insert 2 jalapeño halves into top of guacamole to create the “ears”.
12. Using a fork, draw Yoda’s mouth and add “wrinkles” around the mouth and under the eyes.
13. Instead of serving with chips, go the healthier route and serve with bell pepper slices! Slice, remove the seeds, and chop bell peppers into chip-sized slices.
14. Serve and Enjoy! DIG IN!!!
Have a flavorful day!